THE CANNON – OFF CAMPUS • 675 BERING, HOUSTON, TX
Start Date: November 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Employment Type: Permanent/Full Time
Salary Range: To be discussed based on qualifications
Note: This position requires potential availability on nights and weekends.
Purpose of this Role
The Cannon is partnering with local real estate companies to build out The Cannon – Off Campus, branching out to other locations across Houston from our main building close to the intersection of I10 West and Beltway 8.
The Community Lead – Off Campus will serve two purposes: 1. To grow the occupancy of The Cannon Off Campus – Post Oak location, and. 2. Manage the day to day operations and community interactions of The Cannon Off-Campus – Post Oak. Following the initial training period at The Cannon, operational duties should eventually be operated independent of oversight from The Cannon – Main Campus staff.
Primary Duties (Community Management):
Your main role is to foster an awesome environment for members of The Cannon! You are the friendly face welcoming everyone who walks through the door. You know members by their first name and have a positive and outgoing attitude no matter the situation. You also take pride in keeping all areas of the space as clean an organized as possible throughout the workday.
- Basic reception duties, greeting all members when they arrive and consistently keeping a working knowledge of member companies’ goals and objectives.
- Keep all areas of the space extensively organized at all times of the day, including but not limited to:
- Arrive no later than between 7:30 – 8:00 AM every weekday morning to inspect the space and ensure that all areas are prepared for the work day, based on the standards and checklist set by the Managing Director and Community Manager of The Cannon – Main Campus
- Brainstorm and execute community events.
- Availability on nights and weekends as necessary for member related issues and events.
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations.
- Supervise all move-ins and move outs, including onboarding, security, IT training, etc.
- Create a welcoming environment with great customer service; assist members in a friendly, patient and professional manner.
- Manage local vendors relationships where necessary, monitoring inventory and staying ahead of potential supply needs.
Primary Duties (Community Development):
Your secondary role is to grow the community! Working under the Director of Community Development you will assist in the growing of the Cannon Community at all locations.
- Establish a large and diverse sales funnel through extensive prospecting and outreach.
- Achieve tour booking goals as established.
- Conduct and manage all tours on each property, effectively balancing schedules to avoid conflicts between bookings.
- Nurture leads and document the sales funnel for each lead through The Cannon’s internal CRM system.
- Obtain and maintain extensive expertise on all Cannon and Cannon Off Campus current and future offerings
Essential Skills and Experience
- 4 year college degree
- A passion and understanding on the entrepreneurial ecosystem, as well as the benefits of working in a coworking/shared office space.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com with Cannon Off Campus – Post Oak: Community Lead in the subject line.